Indoor Air Quality
People utilizing University facilities may have concerns regarding the air quality in their workspace. These are often a related to temperature or humidity issues, inadequate ventilation or unusual odors. If you have concerns about the air quality in your office or workspace, contact EHS at (410) 706-7055.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) publication entitled “An Office Building Occupant's Guide to Indoor Air Quality” (http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/occupgd.html) provides addition information on improving air quality in office workspaces. Some items they point out that you can do to help improve the air quality in your workplace include:
- Do not block air vents or grilles
- Water and maintain office plants properly
- Dispose of garbage promptly and properly
- Store food properly
- Avoid bringing products into the building that could release harmful or bothersome odors or contaminants
- Notify your building or facility manager immediately if you suspect an indoor air quality problem.